BC Housing, Coastal Health, and the City of Vancouver are proposing a 10-storey mixed-use facility on the North-East corner of Clark Dr. and East 1st Avenue which includes:
The Grandview Woodland Area Council supports :
- Erecting detox facilities sized to service the Grandview-Woodland community
- Creating a traffic and parking plan to accommodate residents, guests, employees, and service vehicles
- Adding affordable housing units to the neighbourhood
- Completing all required studies before proposal goes to Council for approval
- Abiding by the Grandview-Woodland Community Plan development guidelines
- Upgrading and better equipping Vancouver’s existing public and non-profit detox centres
- Increasing the number of non-profit detox centres located in neighbourhoods across Vancouver
The minutes of the June 4, 2018 GWAC meeting contain further information on the proposal.
Additional details on the proposal and on City policy are available via the links below.
Rezoning Centre City of Vancouver
Grandview-Woodland Community Plan
Memorandum of Understanding