The Grandview Woodland Area Council strives to represent the interests of Grandview Woodland, to inform and activate its residents and to advocate for the protection and enrichment of our community.
a. To inform people of services and programs that are either available to them or being planned.
b. To provide a forum for residents to express opinions and take action on issues of concern to Grandview Woodland.
c. To promote research and studies on Grandview Woodland community needs and issues.
d. To represent Grandview Woodland on both government and non-government decision-making bodies.
e. To seek representation from and to cooperate with other groups in the area and adjacent areas.
f. To serve as a source of information for and about the community.
Membership is open to anyone who resides or works in the Grandview Woodland neighbourhood and who registers their contact information at a GWAC Annual General meeting or monthly meeting.
The boundaries of Grandview Woodland are the north side of Broadway to the Burrard Inlet waterfront, and the east side of Clark Drive through to the west side of Nanaimo Street.
Unless otherwise announced, the GWAC Board of Directors provides for a hybrid Community Forum at 7PM on the first Monday of every month, except for holidays. The public is cordially invited to attend. Please see the Community Calendar page for joining details.
2022-2023 Board Members
Linsea Ann O’Shea
- Britannia Community Centre
- Britannia Neighbours
- Car Free Day – Commercial Drive
- Citizens’ Assembly
- City of Vancouver
- Commercial Drive BIA
- Coalition of Vancouver Neighbourhoods (CVN)
- The East Village BIA
- Eye on Norquay
- Grandview Garden Club
- Grandview Heritage Group
- Grandview Woodland Community Plan
- Grandview-Woodland Food Connection
- Grandview-Woodland Policing Centre
- Jak’s View of Vancouver
- Joyce Area Residents Association (JARA)
- Marpole Residents’ Coalition
- Metro Vancouver
- MLA – Melanie Mark
- MLA – Niki Sharma
- MP – Jenny Kwan
- MOSAIC – for new Canadians
- MyVoteMatters forums
- No Tower Coalition
- Our Community Our Plan
- Port Metro Vancouver
- Reach Community Clinic
- Residents Association Mount Pleasant
- Resources for Pet Owners (COV)
- Search for a Safe Apartment
- Stop the Stink
- Strathcona BIA
- Strathcona Residents’ Association
- Streets for Everyone
- West End Neighbours
- West Kitsilano Residents’ Association